Thai Beef Salad
The Perfect BBQ Meal!
A colorful, tangy salad that brings out the best in Thai cuisine and spices.
Edited and enhanced by Jake Rockwell, recipe sourced from allrecipes.com
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha or garlic chili sauce
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs ( 1 inch think) steak fillet
- 1 head leaf lettuce- rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 English cucumber,diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut
- In a large bowl, stir together the green onions, lemongrass, cilantro, mint leaves, lime juice, fish sauce, chili sauce, and sugar until well combined and sugar involved.
- Cook the steak over high heat on a preheated grill for approximately 40 minutes on each side, until it is cooked medium. Do not over cook the meat! Remove from heat and slice into thin strips. Add the meat and its juices to the sauce and refrigerate, tightly covered for at least 3 hours.
- Combine torn lettuce and cucumber in a salad bowl, pouring the meat and the sauce over. Top with the cherry tomatoes and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.