FALL SQUASH SALAD
We love this squash salad, a great main or addition to a friendsgiving meal!
What you’ll need:
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (less if sensitive to spice)
- 6 cups loose-packed organic spring mix greens
- 2 ounces Goat Cheese, torn into smaller pieces
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup Pistachios, crushed and toasted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
CIDER DATE DRESSING:
- 5 TABLESPOONS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2 TABLESPOONS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 1 TABLESPOON FRESH LEMON JUICE
- 1 MEDJOOL DATE, PITTED
- 1/2 GARLIC CLOVE
- 1/8 TEASPOON GROUND CUMIN
- HEAPING 1/4 TEASPOON SEA SALT
- FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER, TO TASTE
- 3 TO 5 TABLESPOONS WATER, AS NEEDED TO BLEND
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Please the squash cubes on the sheet and drizzle with oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread evenly on baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until tender and browned around the edges.
In a small bowl, stir together coriander, cumin, cinnamon, and cayenne. Set aside.
Make the cider date dressing: Ina blender combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, date, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of water. You can add more water as needed to blend.
Remove squash from oven, let cool slightly. While warm, toss with the spice mixture.
Assemble the salad with spring mixed greens and half the roasted squash, drizzle with dressing and toss. Then add the remaining squash, goat cheese, dates, pomegranates, and pistachios. Drizzle with dressing as desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!